Saturday, March 30, 2024

VICTORY!

 


Dear Readers,

Sin.

We all struggle.

We all have things we do that break God's heart.

Hating another person. Hateful speech. Gossip. Dishonesty. Objectifying others. Stealing. These are all things human beings struggle with; ways we can cause harm to ourselves and others.

I too have my own demons that have followed me my whole life.

When I was 16, I was baptized for the remission of my sins. God came into my life; walking with me in my tumultuous existence.

What a journey we’ve had together.

Even through tears, bitterness, anger, self-harm, self-hatred, temptations, and dumb choices in general, He has been a constant friend. He is, and will always be, the reason I am still here.

For years I would strive and fight, hoping I could be good enough. I strove for perfection, hoping for favor from Him. 

You see, God knows of my imperfection. Knows every bit of it. He knows me down to the very cells and atoms that make up my body. He knows my heart, and my mind. He knows ME. He LOVES me. He still cares for and cherishes me. I don't have live in constant striving. I already have His favor; I don't have to fight for it.

But, the shame, the struggles, the attacks of the enemy-they get no say in my life. None.

Have I grown over time? Yes. I am not the same person. He has used my pain to refine and prune me. I’ve grown and changed through the struggles.

It all began when Jesus breathed His last on the cross. It all began when Jesus took on my sins, and the sins of the entire world on His shoulders. He allowed the weight of it all to grasp His life between their bitter, poisonous fingers. He was the final sacrifice.

But unlike the sacrificial animals of times past, Jesus had a far different ending.

He was buried for three days in a tomb that had a large, heavy stone guarding the doorway. Then, on that third day, an Angel pushed it away with absolute ease.

Jesus, the Son of God, crushed the enemy, and Death, beneath His feet. He walked away in freedom, carrying Freedom to those who accept His love and His sacrifice. His Holy Spirit is the seal for every person who bears His name, and walks in love with Him. (Ephesians 1:13-14.)

We can live victoriously, because Jesus was victorious. 

God has already won, beautiful friend. Keep hanging onto Him.

Happy Easter!

Love,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Will Be Found

Dear Reader, May is mental health awareness month. I’ve talked about it before here on my blog, but my mental health journey has been a long...